Membership in WAA is open to adults (18 years or older) and runs from September 1 to August 31, annually. Annual dues of $30 are payable at that time. To join us sending cash or check, click here for our Membership Form. Simply fill out the membership form and return it, along with a check for $30 made payable to “Waterway Art Association” to:
Waterway Art Association
P.O. Box 7082
Ocean Isle Beach, N.C. 28469
Upon receipt of your payment, you receive:
1. E-mail notifications of upcoming events, meetings and other items of general interest.
2. An electronic copy of our annual directory for all dues-paying members
1. Paint-in sessions: are held every Wednesday of each month (excluding the last two weeks of December) from 9 a.m. to 12 noon for a fee of $1.00. You bring your current projects and share the experience of drawing and painting together.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who would like to simply try painting perhaps for the first time; learn what more experienced artists are working on and see the techniques they use; and, have the opportunity to make new friends who share your interest in art.
2. Model sketching opportunities :A live model will be available once a month on the fourth Wednesday of the month. Check out the WAA Facebook page for up-to-date information on weekly occurrences.
3. Free plein air work: On Tuesdays, plein air painting and sketching are offered at various location, weather permitting. For more information, contact Marie Kasper
4. Membership Meetings: Business meetings are held September through May (excluding December) on the third Wednesday of these months following paint-in at 12 noon.
5. Workshops: Opportunities to work with exciting artists who provide workshops in all mediums at very affordable prices. If you have questions about workshops,
6. Discounted entry fee: for WAA’s annual judged art show held in the spring. Our artists and other non-members are invited to enter their work to compete for first, second and third place cash prizes as well as ribbons and merchandise for winners of Merit Awards and Honorable Mention Awards.
7.Friends of the Library Program: Here's your opportunity as a member to show your artwork at local libraries - Hickman and Rourk. For more information, contact:
8. Videos: Available for checkout in the WAA Video Library, Contact us
9. Excursions: Group travel to places such as art exhibits and other events are encouraged. There currently is a volunteer opening to chair the excursions committee.
Do you know about the artistic opportunities and rewards WAA member enjoy?
Membership offers the following benefits:
Weekly Paint-in’s ($1 fee) and Mini Workshops, Demonstrations,
Paint - in’s every Wednesday
Mini Workshops/Programs on Second Wednesdays
Mini Demonstrations Third Wednesdays
Live Model Drawing (clothed) on Fourth Wednesdays ($3 model fee)
Free Plein Air group outings, weather permitting, on Tuesdays.
reduced entry fees:
annual art show and sale entry –$10 off
one day work shops - $10 off
six week Life drawing classes - $20 off
The annual membership fee is only $30.
open Wednesdays year round
We meet at:
283B Koolabrew Dr. NW
Calabash, North Carolina 28467